2022 TLOMA Total Rewards, Associate and Business Services Surveys
Over the last 30 years, our surveys have been established as the primary source of compensation benchmarking information for the Canadian legal community. With more than 50 organizations participating; representing all firm sizes and practice specializations, the reports help users make quality/crucial strategic business decisions to allow them to attract and retain top talent which is even more important in a context of high inflation, the ‘’Great Resignation’’ and labour shortage.
Having the ability to participate in our annual compensation surveys is just one of the many advantages of being a member of TLOMA. This year we will be conducting the following surveys:
TLOMA Business Services Survey (TBS)
This survey captures positions in law firms such as support-level positions (for example, legal and administrative assistants, and records management and facilities roles), as well as management and law clerk positions.
TLOMA Associate Compensation Survey (TAC)
This survey provides information on associate salary and bonus data based on Year of Call as well as compensation data at the junior, intermediate and senior levels. The information is also available by practice areas such as Litigation and Corporate.
A Quick and Simple Experience
All of the TLOMA Compensation Surveys are specific to law firms and have been developed to provide answers to our membership’s compensation questions. The surveys use a job family and job-level methodology, and give you the ability to:
- Benchmark the compensation of your business services, associate and student positions with other firms of similar size.
- Assist in managing internal pay equity for firms that do not have a formal job evaluation/grading system.
- Provide a geographic break out of data for provinces across Canada.
Moreover, the following features will be offered again this year to offer a seamless participant experience, while providing high quality market data:
- Optimized questionnaires, including all the relevant information and guidelines for participation.
- Detailed job-level descriptions to simplify the job matching process.
- Simplified report layouts.
- A secure online platform that allows you to retrieve all the necessary documents to complete the surveys and download the results.
- One-to-one support provided by Normandin Beaudry available to address all your questions and to collect your feedback.
- For the participants who completed the 2021 edition, your new questionnaire will include all the matches completed in the last survey which will save significant time and effort during the matching process.
We can’t emphasize enough the added value of working with up-to-date data. Doing so will enable you to keep making quality decisions concerning your compensation strategies. All surveys are easily completed in a user-friendly format and can be purchased for a rate much lower than the industry standard without compromising the quality. Moreover, the cost of the surveys is based on the size of your law firm.
A special offer for TLOMA members
Want access to a broader database? Our provider has you covered with their general industry survey, remun.
By participating in the TBS survey and in exchange for your data, Normandin Beaudry will offer you a one-year complimentary membership to remun, which represents a $4,800 value. To benefit from this complimentary membership, no additional effort is required on your end as Normandin Beaudry will complete the questionnaire for you based on the information collected in the TLOMA surveys.
remun is the most comprehensive general industry survey containing useful and relevant data for over 400 organizations representing all sizes and industries. This tool, in combination with our custom TLOMA compensation survey, would provide you the total rewards overview you need. All survey results will be available in September.
The 2022 surveys launch session webinar will be held on April 5, 2022, from noon to 1p.m.
Want to participate? Contact Normandin Beaudry email@example.com or call a member of the project team (see contact information).
Want to prepare to purchase your 2022 surveys? Check out the 2022 TLOMA Compensation Surveys Pricing Structure.
If you have any questions regarding purchasing the survey(s), please contact Karen Gerhardt.