TLOMA Associate, Business Services and Total Rewards Surveys
The 2018 Surveys are still available for purchase! The 2019 Survey participation templates will be available in the spring of 2019!
Over the last 30 years, our surveys have been established as the primary source of compensation bench-marking information for the Canadian legal community. With over 60 organizations participating; representing all firm sizes and practice specializations, the reports help users make good strategic business decisions while attracting and retaining top talent.
One of the many advantages of being a member of TLOMA is the ability to participate in the annual Business Services and Associate Compensation Surveys.
Total Rewards Survey
Every three (3) years your Compensation Committee publishes this survey which provides valuable information on topics such as, but not limited to:
Child Care Assistance
Vacation and PEL* days
Pregnancy/parental leave practices
Articling and Student Perks
Overtime shift pay practices
Alternate work arrangements
*PEL = Personal Emergency Leave
2018 was a Total Rewards Survey (TTR) year!
TLOMA Business Services Survey
This survey was previously known as the TLOMA Compensation Survey. The name was changed in 2018 to better represent the positions captured in the survey such as Support levels (Legal and Administrative Assistants, Records Management, Facilities roles etc.), Management and Law Clerk positions.
TLOMA Associate Compensation Survey
This survey was separated as a stand-alone survey in 2017. It provides information on Associate salary and bonus data based on Year of Call as well as compensation data at the junior, intermediate and senior levels. The data is also available by practice areas such as Litigation and Corporate.
Highlight of Survey Features
The TLOMA Business Services Survey, TLOMA Associate Compensation Survey and the Total Rewards Survey are specific to law firms and have been developed to provide answers to our membership’s compensation questions. The surveys use a Job Family and Career Level methodology, and provide the ability to:
- Easily benchmark the compensation of your business services, associate and student positions with other firms of similar size;
- Assist in managing internal pay equity for those firms that do not have a formal job evaluation/grading system;
- Clear depiction of the established total reward trends in the market;
- There is a Geographic break out of data available for provinces across Canada; and
- All surveys are easily completed in a user friendly format. The surveys are available in electronic format and can be purchased for a rate much less than industry standard.Moreover, the cost of the surveys, to you, is based on the size of your law firm.
60+ law firms compensation results were published in the 2018 edition. Are you a TLOMA member interested in purchasing the 2018 survey(s), please 2018 Pricing Structure for pricing. To place your order CLICK HERE.
- Stay Tuned for 2019 Key Dates!
How are your peers using the TLOMA Compensation Survey's?
- They no longer waste time by calling around to competitors to receive vague data.
- It is a confidential, secure and efficient way to receive and use compensation data to compare employee, associate and student compensation to peer firms based on firm size, practice specializations and geographical location.
- All three of the survey results are reliable and relevant at my fingertips 24/7.
- It helps to attract and retain employees as firm salaries can remain competitive to market data.
- When a firm is growing, the surveys help to make strategic decisions about compensation and total rewards; and
- When a new job emerges the surveys help guide decisions pertaining to job title, compensation, bonus, total rewards in order to remain competitive within the market.
Are you interested but don’t know where to begin? We can help you get started by creating a sustainable matching and survey submission process, as well as, understand what the results mean and how to use them.
In 2019, working with our survey partner Paystats Inc., we are going to have an exceptional year with many progressive enhancements to support the changing needs for data in the Canadian legal industry.
To be a part of TLOMA Business Services, Associate Compensation and the Total Rewards Surveys please contact Bridget Bohan at 1 (519) 831-1424 or email Bridget at Bridget Bohan.
A TLOMA member wishing to participate in the 2019 surveys, click here.
If you are not a TLOMA member and would like to have the opportunity to participate, click here, to register for TLOMA membership.