2021 TLOMA Total Rewards, Associate and Business Services Surveys
Over the last 30 years, our surveys have been established as the primary source of compensation benchmarking information for the Canadian legal community. With more than 50 organizations participating; representing all firm sizes and practice specializations, the reports help users make good strategic business decisions while attracting and retaining top talent.
One of the many advantages of being a member of TLOMA is the ability to participate in the Total Rewards, Business Services and Associate Compensation Surveys.
TLOMA Total Rewards Survey
This survey provides information on HR policies and practices (for example, overtime practices, education policies, total rewards program), group benefits and pension plans.
TLOMA Business Services Survey
This survey captures positions in law firms such as support-level positions (for example, legal and administrative assistants, and records management and facilities roles), as well as management and law clerk positions.
TLOMA Associate Compensation Survey
This survey provides information on associate salary and bonus data based on Year of Call as well as compensation data at the junior, intermediate and senior levels. The information is also available by practice area such as Litigation and Corporate.
A quick and simple experience
Two additions to the 2021 edition which will allow you to complete the surveys quickly and simply:
- Compensation section:
For the participants who completed the 2020 edition, your new questionnaire will include all the matches completed in the last survey which will save significant efforts during the matching process.
- Group Benefits and Pension sections:
Participants will only have to send Normandin Beaudry their group benefits and pension plan brochures along with their questionnaire. With the information received, those sections will be mainly completed by Normandin Beaudry’s experts.
The following features will be offered again this year to offer a seamless participant experience, while providing high quality market data:
- Optimized questionnaires, including all the relevant information and guidelines for participation
- Detailed job level descriptions to simplify the job matching process
- Simplified report layouts
- A secure online platform from which will allow you to retrieve all the necessary documents to complete the surveys and download the results
All of the TLOMA Compensation Surveys are specific to law firms and have been developed to provide answers to our membership’s compensation questions. The surveys use a job family and job level methodology, and give the ability to:
- Benchmark the compensation of your business services, associate and student positions with other firms of similar size;
- Assist in managing internal pay equity for those firms that do not have a formal job evaluation/grading system;
- Provide a geographic break out of data for provinces across Canada;
- Assess the current HR practices and advantages within the legal industry;
- All surveys are easily completed in a user-friendly format and can be purchased for a rate much lower than the industry standard. Moreover, the cost of the surveys, to you, is based on the size of your law firm.
Want to participate? Contact Normandin Beaudry firstname.lastname@example.org or call a member of NB’s project team (see contact information).
Want to prepare to purchase your 2021 surveys? Check out the 2021 TLOMA Compensation Surveys Pricing Structure.
The survey launch was held on April 7, 2021. If you missed it, please contact TLOMA to receive the recording on what was presented.
If you have any questions regarding purchasing the survey(s), please contact TLOMA.