Fasken is a leading international business law and litigation firm. Our firm’s 700 lawyers are located across offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London, Johannesburg and Beijing. Providing strategic and thoughtful advice in all areas of business law, our broad range of clients include close to half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as corporate clients, government agencies, regulatory authorities, non-profit bodies and individuals.
We are a high-achieving, professional, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and friendly place to work. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and offer a welcoming environment for all people. While we are here to service our clients and are a deadline-driven industry, we look to be innovative, and there are opportunities to participate in initiatives which make a difference in our firm and community.
Achieve excellence doing work that’s challenging and rewarding, with people you’ll like working with, in an environment that’s welcoming, supportive, entrepreneurial and innovative, where you’re a valued contributor, not just an employee. For additional information about the firm or this position, please visit our website at www.fasken.com.
The E-Billing Coordinator is responsible for assisting the E-Billing team with the processing and submitting of electronic invoices for the Ontario region and Calgary offices and providing ad hoc E-Billing technical support to the other regional offices. The incumbent assists with all tasks related to the timely and accurate upload of E-Bills within the stipulated deadlines and completes associated tasks assigned by the E-Billing Supervisor.
Hours of work are from 9 am to 5 pm. Occasional pre-authorized overtime may be required to meet client needs.
At Fasken, success means:
- Having a strong client service approach - ready, willing, and able
- Demonstrating strong research, investigative and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise judgement to resolve related issues
- Being extremely accurate with high attention to detail
- Exhibiting effective communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties
- Being highly organized in prioritizing work to be able to consistently meet deadlines within a fast paced work environment
- Displaying strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build harmonious working relationships with other departments and immediate co-workers
- Being a self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment
- Having awareness of ethical walls and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Learn the scope of billable services and billing protocols at the firm and understanding the cost of such services
- Monitor and track acceptance or rejection notifications and advise billing professionals as required
- Print e-Billing status reports and returning to Legal Assistants
- Monitor shared e-Billing inbox and moving emails to correct sub-folders
- Update unresolved invoice report on Worksite on a bi-weekly basis
- Contact billing coordinators for missing invoices
- Check invoice status and short-payment details in vendor systems for Collections Team
- Manual invoice submissions to clients’ enterprise management systems.
- Create and update lists of timekeeper rate and matter information for upload to ERM systems
- Generate, review and submit invoices to clients using eBillingHub and other legal billing software
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the E-Billing Supervisor and Senior Manager, Billing and Collections
- Act as a point of contact for legal assistants and lawyers for questions and issues pertaining to E-Billing files.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- University degree or college diploma in accounting, finance, or business administration
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a professional services environment is advantageous and preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office 2010 applications (Word, advanced Excel and Outlook)
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions, including invoicing and cash receipts, budgets and invoice appeals
- Prior experience with Elite 3E or similar accounting software (Aderant, Elite Enterprise, Mitratech, NetSuite, SAP)
- Experience working with E-Billing software, i.e., TyMetrix 360, Serengeti/Legal Tracker, CounselLink or Collaborati is strongly preferred.
This role reports to the Supervisor, E-Billing.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verifications. A reference check will also be conducted.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application by e-mail to: email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.