Specialist, Accounts Receivable
Goodmans LLP is recognized internationally as one of Canada’s premier transaction law firms because our lawyers and clients are industry leaders. Our lawyers excel in their fields to help clients excel in theirs – both ensuring ever-higher levels of service and business success. Further, we offer a unique combination of skills- spanning business law and litigation, public and private, tradition and innovation.
We are seeking a Specialist, Accounts Receivable to join our dynamic Finance team. This position will be responsible for driving the revenue cycle and maintaining Managing Work in Progress (WIP) aging. In this role, you will build relationships with lawyers, clients and firm members to reduce overall accounts receivable and increase efficiencies . Reporting to the Team Leader, Billings & Receivables, this position is an integral part of our team.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Builds relationships with lawyers and develops insight and knowledge of lawyers’ practices and billing cycles;
- Works with lawyers, Firm members and management to ensure timely billing of WIP;
- Identifies high risk clients and works with management to minimize exposure risk;
- Accountable for meeting billing and collection targets and providing analysis and explanation of unavoidable delays in billings and receivables;
- Follows up with clients with aging accounts to secure timely payment;
- Makes recommendations to resolve queries with aging WIP and accounts receivable;
- Communicates with clients to resolve payment queries, makes recommendations on payment options and escalates unresolved issues appropriately;
- Calculates realization impact of proposed discounts;
- Prepares and sends out specific packages to clients;
- Prepares accounts receivable reconciliations;
- Maintains status notes on all systems; and
- Carries out special projects as requested or required by clients and billing professionals.
The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary education in accounting related field;
- Minimum 5 years of previous receivables and client relationship experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be effective and prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Experience in a professional services environment is a strong asset;
- Experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent client service skills required to build and maintain client relationships;
- Confident and effective results driven individual with good persuasion and negotiating skills;
- Hands on team player with the ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Self-starter who follows tasks through to completion;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge and experience with calendaring and receivables software; and
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goodmans LLP invites applications from all qualified candidates. Goodmans LLP is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.