Data Insight and Data Governance
Many organizations see a growing sense of urgency to gain control of costs associated with storing and maintaining information, along with a need to reduce the compliance and security risks. But where do you start? A significant portion of this information can be qualified as "dark data", leaving the question, is it business relevant, or not?
Through our presentation, we will explain how data insight helps organizations better manage unstructured data, and how a data governance solution can reduce costs, reduce risk, and achieve compliance through actionable intelligence into data ownership, usage, and access controls. This helps to give organizations an understanding of what data exists, how it is being used, who owns it, who has access to it, as well as add parameters regarding storing it.
During the presentation, some of the topics we can focus on include:
- Drive efficiency and cost savings in your unstructured data environment.
- Maintain regulatory compliance for information access, use and retention.
- Protect confidential information from unauthorized use and exposure.
- Delays in producing information required in legal discovery can result in fines or other penalties. Even worse, failure to actually locate the data can mean the difference between winning and losing legal action.
- Not knowing what data is stored, and where, can result in serious security vulnerabilities, including being completely unaware of potential breaches.
SPEAKER: Jack Armatys,
Solutions Architect, Kanatek
Jack is an experienced, Technology and Systems Architect with over 15 years international IT industry experience in defining business requirements and building ROI-based business solutions.
He possesses in-depth experience with in-house and cloud-based backup solutions - responsible for technical pre-sales, solution design, and deployment.
Jack is a former Symantec employee with expertise and certification in Symantec/Veritas solutions including: Cluster Server, Infoscale, NetBackup, Enterprise Vault, Data Insights, Backup Exec, and NetBackup appliances.