Transaction Services Assistant
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
FourLines is a business division of Cassels that assesses, pilots and implements specialized staffing models, streamlined workflows and the most current technology to improve both the quality and timeliness of our legal advice and related services.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Transaction Services Assistant to join our FourLines team, reporting to the Partner, Practice Innovation. The ideal candidate for this role is personable, innovative, keen, flexible, reliable and efficient with a strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail. More so, an aptitude for, and an interest in, technology, process improvement, and project management is highly desired for this role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Developing and automating legal and other documents and related workflows, often in partnership with clients, lawyers and law clerks/paralegals who possess subject matter expertise.
- Preparing, and applying proofreading / editing skills to, legal and other documents.
- Processing due diligence and other related data extraction projects.
- Managing transaction-related workflows to ensure accurate and timely completion of work, including due diligence and closing documents.
- Assisting with the evaluation and implementation of improved processes and related technology.
- Reviewing usage reports and performing data analytics to support adoption and expansion of improved processes and related technology.
- Supporting the development of policies, procedures, and training materials.
- Supporting the demonstration of and training on improved processes and related technology
- Providing administrative support to team members as required and as requested.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- College Diploma in Legal Administration.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, preferably within the legal industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Technically strong with internet applications and generally comfortable using similar tools & technology.
- Experience or interest in process improvement and project management.
- Strong ability to work under pressure, to be creative and solutions-driven, and to be adaptable to changing situations with ease.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, to meet deadlines and to exhibit sound judgment.
- Capability of working independently with minimal supervision as well as working effectively as part of a collaborative team.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Professionalism, maturity, diplomacy, and tact are essential.
- High level of integrity and ethics at all times.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
Please Apply Here:
Your application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted if your skills and experience are a possible match for this position.
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.