Junior Legal Assistant/Law Clerk - Land Use & Development
Davies Howe LLP is a busy and growing 18 lawyer downtown Toronto law firm (Adelaide and Spadina) looking for a Junior Law Clerk to join our busy Land Development group.
This position will support junior legal staff and provide general backup to the rest of the team as you learn this area of municipal law. You will be working with the best.
We are looking for a candidate who is bright, eager and hardworking. In return, we provide a competitive salary, seasonal bonuses and a fully sponsored benefit package in a fun and friendly environment.
Duties for the roles include:
- Monitor and maintain lawyer calendars and emails
- Set up conference calls and arrange meetings
- Assist with Document Book preparation
- Assist with hearing preparations
- Draft basic correspondence
- Internet research
- Photo copying and scanning
- File opening and other tasks as assigned and required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- Law Clerk diploma is required
- A keen eye for detail is essential
- 1 year or more of law office experience is preferred
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and MS Outlook
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Candidates with the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes, together with a cover letter and college transcripts, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.