Realizing the Full Potential of Your Client Data
Since CRM systems tend not to be compulsory, convincing lawyers that they should utilize the CRM can be a significant challenge. The key to success is removing barriers and applying a strategic plan. It’s important to be clear what it is you want to do with your data and have a consistent set of rules for managing it and updating it, particularly in a post-CASL world.
When it comes to data, the rule of the 3 R’s is vital to success:
- Rational because people can get very emotional about their contact data and you will need to navigate your way through this and stick to a logical and clearly defined plan.
- Realistic because you have a limited amount of resource and a seemingly endless amount of data to maintain, so be very clear what data you can genuinely gather.
- Ruthless because you need to capture only information that will be used and adds value.
The objective of this session is to explore these issues and some of the ways in which firms have realized the potential of their data, specifically looking at:
- How can you group clients and potential clients together using billing and time recording data?
- How can you make the most of Outlook Contacts and what are some of the pitfalls and issues that you might face with this data?
- Is it best to ask the lawyers to update their data or to try and clean it up centrally?
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from the experience of other firms who have achieved success with their CRM programs.
Michael Warren, Senior CRM Consultant and Director at Stanton Allen LLC, has spent 20 years working with organizations to implement CRM systems successfully. Stanton Allen focuses on working with firms in the professional services sector and Michael has worked with many global firms across a range of sectors including legal, accounting, private equity and property.
Nitin Gambhir, National CRM Leader at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Shannon Gilleland, CRM Program Manager at Stikeman Elliott LLP
Jennifer Whittier, Chief Operating & Relationship Officer at Cole Valley Software, Inc