Talent and Succession Planning - Part I (Part II - October 28, 2014)
In this session, HR Managers and Directors will discuss what the opportunities are for more proactively managing talent with their firms to grow leadership and critical skill capabilities internally to plan for the right talent to be ready for leadership roles as required. Talent and Succession planning are new buzz topics within the industry over the last few years. This session will provide you with an overview of the steps and tools to putting internal planning processes in place
- Why do Talent and Succession Planning? How will it help the strategic plan? How does this need to support strategic needs, i.e. senior leader risk/Board requirement, growth, retirement. new products thus new skills, national mobility, etc.
- Building Principles for the approach – The Talent Philosophy. What are the key tenants to how leaders in the firm will be proactively be growing, reviewing and communicating their approach to managing talent?
- How do other key processes link to and enable Talent and Succession Planning, i.e.Performance Reviews, Compensation rewards, and Leadership Development?
- Some tools which will be provided are:
- Talent Review Discussion format & sample Employee Profile
- Succession Plan template for individual position
- Sample 9-box talent categories
Our Speaker, Stephanie Phelps is a Human Capital Effectiveness Consultant and Coach who offers 22 years business, human resources and consulting experience across multiple B2B and consumer industries, including professional services, financial services, transportation, telecommunications, packaged goods, software, not-for-profit and retail. Her human capital specialties include organizational alignment for sales force effectiveness, organizational design, leader coaching, change management, employee engagement solutions, and integration of people programs to support business change.