Legal Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Kastner Lam LLP is a law firm located in downtown Toronto, focused on employment and human rights law, union-side labour law, criminal defence, civil litigation, and workplace investigations.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an outstanding administrative professional with a passion for social justice to join our collaborative team. In this role, you will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks, billing, and client intake for the firm at the direction of our lawyers and law clerks.
- Office Administration / Reception
- Receive, process, and distribute incoming correspondence in accordance with office procedures.
- Manage calendars, schedule internal and external meetings, as requested.
- Manage and order office supplies, as needed.
- Track, review, and ensure prompt payment of all firm expenses.
- Perform other administrative duties as needed to assist with the operation of a law office, such as photocopying, scanning, faxing, and preparing outgoing mail and packages.
- Greet and direct visitors. Answer and route incoming telephone calls.
- Work closely with lawyers and law clerks to prepare client accounts in a timely manner by preparing prebills, tracking disbursements, reviewing invoices for accuracy, assisting clients with payment, and following-up on outstanding accounts.
- Communicate with prospective clients regarding their legal matters in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Execute conflict check procedures in accordance with all relevant policies and regulations.
- Schedule and coordinate consultations with new clients.
- Two years of administrative experience, preferably in a professional services or law firm environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects, manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Client-service oriented, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and resourceful, with strong analytical ability.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
Experience with legal accounting and practice software is a strong asset.
Kastner Lam LLP welcomes and encourages applicants from equity-seeking groups.
The successful candidate will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work, subject to reasonable accommodation required by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $60,000.
Our office is located close to several transit hubs, including GO Transit, the TTC, and Bike Share.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV to Abigail Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5:00pm on Friday, January 28, 2022. Please include a cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for this role.
Kastner Lam LLP is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please advise of your accommodation needs by emailing email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.