Document Specialist / Legal Assistant
Brown Mills Klinck Prezioso LLP (BMKP Law) is seeking one or more versatile and experienced self-starters to join our team as a Document Specialist / Legal Assistant. In this role, you will provide support to our lawyers, with a focus on document editing and formatting.
Work-from-Home (WFH), Hybrid or In-Office:
We will work with the successful candidate(s) to establish mutually agreeable arrangements with regard to work location. Work location options include fully remote (WFH only) and hybrid (partial WFH with scheduled in-office days). A traditional full-time in-office arrangement is also available.* Our growing team of lawyers is presently working in a hybrid (partial WFH) arrangement, with plans to return to full in-office work in 2022.*
Hours of Work:
We will work with the successful candidate(s) to establish a consistent, mutually agreeable arrangement with regard to hours of work on a full-time or close-to-full-time basis.
Advanced document creation, editing and formatting skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and PDF software are a prerequisite. Experience working in a law firm is an asset, but is not essential.
- Creating, editing, formatting and proofreading Microsoft Word documents, including contracts, letters, and memoranda
- Organizing content into concise, visually engaging Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Electronic file management, including opening/closing files
- Calendar management, scheduling calls and meetings, and meeting coordination
- Updating Firm contact lists
- Other administrative and clerical tasks as needed
The successful candidate(s) will have:
- Advanced Microsoft Word and PowerPoint technical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook e-mail, calendar and contacts
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Excel is an asset, but not essential
About BMKP Law
We are Canada’s preeminent boutique pension, benefits and executive compensation law firm. In addition to advising enterprises with employees across Canada, our lawyers work with some of the largest pension and benefits plans in the private, not-for-profit and broader public sectors. Further details about our Firm can be found at www.bmkplaw.com.
How to Apply
BMKP Law will be happy to provide accommodation throughout the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities. If needed, kindly indicate the nature of any accommodations you may require so that we may work to promote your equal participation.
Candidates are invited to send a resume and cover letter in confidence to Nicole Moffat at email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
* Subject to prevailing public health conditions and requirements.