Professional Development & Recruitment Coordinator
Torkin Manes LLP is a vibrant, growing, medium-sized full-service law firm located in downtown Toronto. Our 100+ lawyers practise in all areas of business law and litigation. Torkin Manes is ranked as the #1 Ontario regional law firm by Canadian Lawyer and is consistently ranked as one of Canada’s top Regional law firms by Chambers Canada. Our consistent top rankings are a testament to our client service ethic, commitment to the legal profession, and success in our areas of practice.
We are currently looking for a Professional Development & Recruitment Coordinator to join our team!
Reporting to, and working very closely with, the firm's Director of Talent and Recruitment, you will be assisting with running the articling and summer student programs, including recruitment, performance management and career development for the students. The position will also provide support on talent management programs for lawyers as required.
Ideally, you will have a strong legal or HR related background with a minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience working within a professional services organization. Equally as important as your experience, is your love of working closely with ambitious professionals through their career cycle, as well as your friendly approach.
Generally, the hours of work for this role will be Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; due to the nature of the role, some flexibility may be required, particularly during recruitment season.
- Provides general administrative support to the Director of Talent and Recruitment;
- Coordinates start-to-end logistics for student recruitment including, but not limited to: arranging interviews, organizing firm tours, reviewing applications, scheduling and sending interview confirmations, and booking boardrooms;
- Liaises with Law Schools nationally for student recruitment, career days, sponsorships, advertising and/or awards;
- Prepares and maintains Law Society filings for students;
- Coordinates the student and new joiner mentoring program with guidance from the Director of Talent and Recruitment;
- With direction from the Director of Talent and Recruitment, plans and coordinates student and new joiner orientations;
- Liaises with Director of Talent and Recruitment to coordinate professional development and skill building sessions for students and lawyers;
- Organizes and facilitates the student evaluation process and assists the Director of Talent and Recruitment with the annual associate and income partner review process;
- Plans and coordinates social programs for students and associates;
- Coordinates payment of license processing fees for students with the LSO;
- Provides support for lateral legal recruitment;
- General administrative duties, including booking meeting rooms, preparing and processing payments, documenting processes, maintaining student budget reports, assisting with event logistics for associates; and
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Offer:
- 2-3 years of administrative experience within a professional services organization and/or Human Resources experience;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with viDesktop an advantage
- Friendly, energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented with the ability to take initiative;
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and challenging environment;
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships at all levels of management, lawyers, students and other stakeholders;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Team player who enjoys collaborating;
- Handles sensitive and confidential assignments with discretion, tact and diplomacy as the talent team deals with highly confidential material.
- A self-starter with good problem-solving skills
- Able to function well in a fast-paced environment, where changes of plan are the norm
- Able to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, manage expectations and remain calm under pressure
- Able to deal with sensitive, confidential material
- Able to work with a variety of personality types, and to relate in a professional manner to senior firm members, outside vendors, and colleagues
- Detail-oriented, having a passion for accuracy
- Flexible, team player
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefit and insurance plans, with HSA
- RRSP plan with employer contributions
- Fitness Benefit
- Education assistance
If you are motivated and looking to excel, please submit your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Torkin Manes LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Torkin Manes is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible by reaching out to email@example.com, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all those who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.