Billing Coordinator (16 months Contract)
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Billing Coordinator within our Toronto office. This is a 18 months Contract. This position report to the Finance Director located in Toronto. This position is scheduled to work 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. During month-end periods, some overtime and flexibility may be required to meet demands of the role. Discretion, confidentiality and attention to detail are essential to this role and required at all times.
- Provide direct assistance to lawyers in the production of their client accounts;
- Distribute lawyer accounts to clients and interact with clients on any billing inquiries;
- Process transfers, write-offs and bills into the accounting system;
- Review and determine tax application for client invoices;
- Respond to lawyer and legal assistant enquiries;
- Provide assistance/backup support as required to others in the Finance Department;
- Other special projects as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the billings process and other general accounting procedures.
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills are necessary.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to ensure all firm policies and control procedures are met.
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and effectively with individuals at all levels within a team-oriented environment.
- Must be resourceful and demonstrate strong problem solving skills, with the ability to make judgment calls in an experienced and professional manner.
- Able to work efficiently/accurately with little instruction or supervision while demonstrating initiative.
- Able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Elite Accounting system is preferable.
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services environment is preferable.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by email to:
Dentons Canada LLP
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to the success and strength of our firm. We believe that a proactive approach where we support and embrace our individual talents and differences enriches our firm, our professional practice and our communities. It offers us a broader perspective to foster more creative ideas and greater effectiveness, which enhances our ability to provide our clients with the best possible advice and service. Dentons Canada is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any accommodation requirements, we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.