IT Help Desk & Technical Support Specialist
Singleton Reynolds is recognized as a leader in construction and infrastructure, insurance, commercial litigation, real estate and business law. Founded in 1982, with its roots in construction litigation, the firm has grown to add a full complement of business law services including commercial real estate, construction contracts, estates planning, and corporate commercial.
Operating on a national platform, Singleton Reynolds is positioned as a new best-in-class law firm offering legal services and a long-standing reputation in dispute resolution.
The Firm has almost 60 lawyers in two offices (Vancouver and Toronto) and provides a wide range of legal services including the following key practice areas:
- Construction & Infrastructure Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Professional Liability
- Commercial Real Estate
- Corporate Commercial
- Wills & Estates
- Entertainment Law
- Workplace Law
Singleton Reynolds is seeking a help desk specifialist with system admin. experience to join our IT team in our Toronto office. The successful candidate will provide support of the end-user Windows environment, VOIP, network infrastructure, email, file, web, and database servers. This role is also accountable for the maintenance and operating our security practices & systems, to assess and address emerging security threats. In this role, you will collaborate with the Vancouver Office IT department to design, deploy and run reliable, scalable and secure applications and servers.
You will also be responsible for providing day to day office helpdesk support and troubleshooting complex support escalations, resolving root causes and participating in the analysis and implementation of company-wide technology projects. This position is based in Toronto and reports to the Director, Information Technology in Vancouver.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting Singleton Reynold's IT strategic plan and roadmap based on technology trends and emerging solutions.
- Providing Windows support for both physical and virtual computers or servers by troubleshooting, monitoring and resolving problems.
- Managing Active Directory (AD) infrastructure and collaborating with various teams to ensure it integrates seamlessly with all components including network, security, remote access, and virtualized computing environments.
- Proactively monitoring / testing infrastructure systems to assure optimal system performance.
- Diagnosing and resolving end-user issues regarding server, printers, Windows desktops, email, Internet, VPN and local area network access.
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Analyzing, supporting and administering existing VMware Windows systems and provide troubleshooting strategies.
- Supporting security monitoring and analytics across network and host devices to safeguard the company, employees and systems.
- Managing desktop software security updates and anti-virus software utilized by the Firm.
- Working with the Vancouver IT team to assess, design and implement emerging technologies and controls to resolve emerging issues and security risks.
- Supporting new initiatives, upgrades, deployments or projects in either office when required.
- Administering cloud-based software used by the firm.
- Assisting with the onboarding and training of new hires to the Firm.
- Imaging desktops and laptops as required.
- Responding, updating and resolving user helpdesk tickets in a timely manner.
- Identifying gaps in training through audits of existing knowledge through help desk calls.
- Providing firm-wide software training initiatives, inclusive of new and/or updated technology.
- Participating in the communication, coordination and implementation of IT training events.
- Setting up the Audio Visual (AV) equipment for firm meetings, as well as troubleshooting and operating the AV system.
- Providing after-hours or weekend user and system support when required or as necessary.
- Working outside of normal business hours may be periodically required when implementing new technologies or IT projects.
- 3+ years in a Windows systems admin or operations engineering role
- 5+ years of experience in an IT support role, including demonstrated experience leading resolution of complex problems.
- In-depth understanding and experience operating a Microsoft-based network
- Experience with cloud-based applications.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office 2010 and Microsoft Office365.
- Solid understanding of document management systems.
- Familiar with Office Macros and AutoText.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Solid understanding of Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Experience with Audio Video set-up and calibration
- Experience with various Web conferencing technology such as ZOOM, GoToMeeting and Webex
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, Certification in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Information Systems Administration or related area
- Previous team lead experience would be an asset.
- Prior experience working in professional services or an enterprise environment would be considered an asset.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied by good judgment in order to prioritize, manage projects and work with limited guidance in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience building strong relationships at all levels including with fellow team members.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Exhibit an excellent customer service focus, strive to deliver the best service to our staff!
- Flexible attitude with a good tolerance for ambiguity.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Confident, results-oriented individual; lead by example and demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Active interest in emerging technologies, and a motivation to learn about new technologies.
- A strong work ethic and initiative.
A competitive salary and benefits package together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer a matching RRSP Program, a fitness subsidy, an annual education/tuition allowance, and ongoing continuing educational “Lunch & Learn” seminars.
To pursue this employment opportunity, candidates are invited to submit their applications to:
Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
Attention: Stephen Hinds
Singleton Reynolds is committed to the principle of equality in employment standards and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed and selected for interviews will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.