Creative Services Specialist
Bereskin & Parr LLP (B&P) is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property law firms. We have approximately 240 firm members, including more than 80 lawyers, patent and trademark agents and students, with four offices located in major economic or technology centres. We are an award-winning firm with a global reputation as one of the largest, and most experienced in patent and trademark law. We provide exceptional client service and are driven by our commitment to professional excellence. At B&P we are proud of our collaborative and inclusive work environment.
There is an immediate opportunity for a Creative Services Specialist to work in our Business Development & Marketing Department. Reporting to the Director, Business Development & Marketing, this position is primarily responsible for maintaining the Firm’s brand and developing a suite of products that complement the Firm and meet the demands of the department, including the editing and production of Firm business development and marketing materials, advertisements, preparation of Firm logos and professional photos.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop the creative aspects of collateral material, event material, advertisements, electronic communications and website design. Collateral material includes business cards, brochures, newsletters, trade booths, invitations and signage.
- Apply creative skills to produce Firm promotional and marketing materials, publications, presentations, proposals, etc., including preparation of final professional photo files for use in marketing materials.
- Work with the Firm’s email marketing tool to digitally prepare materials for external communications including interactive mailers, evites and newsletters.
- Act as the main point of contact for the external email marketing supplier on template design, the execution of email blasts, troubleshooting and campaign statistics.
- Monitor the website to ensure brand compliance and updating creative content as needed.
- Liaise with external vendors to assist with webinars, website updates and print production.
- Work with the Director, Business Development & Marketing to maintain and improve the suite of products for the Firm, ensuring brand consistency and compliance.
- Other tasks as assigned.
What you’ll bring to B&P:
- Five years of full-time experience in graphic design, website design, or similar role.
- Law firm or other professional services environment experience is an asset.
- Post-secondary education is required.
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications (ex: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with design programs on a regular basis (Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat X Pro and AfterEffects).
- Experience with CRM applications such as InterAction an asset.
- Knowledge of website standards and best practices (e.g., brand standards, SEO tactics).
- Knowledge of digital photography and LightRoom Classic CC.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal with all levels of staff and professionals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to effectively analyze situations and develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to work independently (e.g., set own priorities and work with minimal supervision) as well as the ability to recognize and bring forward issues needing the attention of the Director, Business Development & Marketing.
- Ability to be resourceful and handle changing circumstances with ease.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes and transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2019. Please include "Creative Services Specialist" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Nicole Cristello, Human Resources Generalist by email (email@example.com) or by phone 416-957-1184.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE