Senior Family Law Clerk
SEEKING Senior Law Clerk, on behalf of a client, to join his Family Law team. The ideal candidate will have at least 10+ years of previous experience working as a family law clerk and be a self-starting, independent worker requiring limited supervision.
- Manage day-to-day family law files and tasks assigned by supervising lawyer
- Draft pleadings, affidavits, motion material, and materials for case conferences, settlement conferences and trial management conferences
- Draft correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, courts and other parties
- Serve as a liaison by telephone, correspondence and e-mail communication between clients, courts, opposing counsel and other parties
- Create (and assemble documents for) complex financial statements, including review and analysis of corporate financial statements and business evaluations
- Maintain a solid bring forward system
- Docket time spent on files
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience within the Family Law practice area
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, with an emphasis on quality work on time-sensitive issues
- Extensive knowledge of DivorceMate and Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough knowledge of Family Law rules, legal procedures and statutes
- Knowledge of corporations
- Highly organized.
- Work toward assigned objectives
- Primarily work independently
- Results of work will be reviewed with supervising lawyer upon completion of assignment.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resume and cover letter by email to Leslie Vine at email@example.com by the close of business on Friday, August 9, 2019. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.