Legal Assistant - Corporate
Aird & Berlis LLP is a 170-lawyer firm located in the heart of Toronto’s Bay Street business district, which dates back to 1919. A&B, as we’re known, provides a wide range of legal services in areas such as litigation, real estate, environmental, corporate/commercial, municipal & land use planning and tax. A&B proudly provides a friendly and team oriented working environment for all of the lawyers and staff.
Working Hours: 10:00am to 6:00pm or 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Manage the daily operation of three Partners comprising the firm’s National Infrastructure Team, along with another assistant
- Assist with business transactions by revising and blacklining documents
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients
- Handle administrative details with respect to travel, accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, expenses, etc.
- Keep up-to-date and organized all of the electronic and paper filing
- Assist others in the Corporate department as time allows
- Willingness to work the occasional overtime to meet the project delivery requirements
Qualifications or Skill Required:
- Minimum of five years’ previous legal assistant experience, preferably with corporate knowledge
- Successful completion of post-secondary program in a legal assistant or law clerk program
- Strong technical skills using MS Office 2013 (including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and multitask
- Flexible, team player that is client service oriented
Applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the recruitment process may notify Human Resources accordingly.
All interested applicants please submit your resume via our career site at www.airdberlis.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.