Legal Assistant, Labour and Employment
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant for a full-time opportunity within the Labour and Employment department in our Toronto location.
To be successful in this role, you should have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Labour Employment/Litigation Legal Assistant and have a Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent.
This is a great opportunity for a Legal Assistant who enjoys a fast-paced, dynamic desk and being a solid contributor to a team.
In this role your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Drafting/revising/proofreading of legal documents and correspondence;
- Preparing and coordinating for hearings and trials;
- Maintaining and monitoring Outlook email accounts and calendars;
- Practice administration and management for lawyers;
- Administrative tasks including, processing monthly bills, expense requisitions, electronic and hard-copy filing, etc.;
- Other business related duties, as assigned.
We are currently looking for an individual who has the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant, specifically in Labour and Employment;
- Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent; Law Clerk Diploma considered an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, court rules and procedures as well as labour and employment terminology, where applicable.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent proofreading skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines;
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment;
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.