Billing Administrative Clerk
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with approximately 500 lawyers working in offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a confident and organized self-starter to fill the position of Billing Administration Clerk in our Markham Office starting immediately.
In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for managing and providing administrative billing support to our legal practice groups. General administrative billing tasks include, but not limited to:
- Reviewing, proofreading and preparing pre-bills for billing lawyers’ review and approval
- Processing time transfers, narrative edits and fee adjustments on pre-bills as instructed by billing lawyer
- Monitoring billing lawyers’ progress throughout each billing cycle
- Resolving e-billing issues
- Troubleshooting and resolving billing issues with external clients
- Preparing and reviewing invoices to ensure accuracy, including distribution of invoices as directed
- Processing miscellaneous billing related tasks including receipt of remittance, reversal of invoices, receipt of trust funds, preparation of exception rates, etc.
- Assisting with other assistant administrative support tasks as needed
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- High school graduate
- 1-2 years of experience within a professional services environment
- Familiarity with billing processes in a professional services environment an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
- Basic proficiency or understanding of Accounting software (such as Aderant)
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as required
- Excellent client service skills.
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.