Legal Assistant - Insurance Defence
Insurance Defence Litigation Firm in the downtown core currently seeks an intermediate Insurance Defence Litigation Assistant with 2+ years of insurance defence experience.
- Working for two lawyers
- Opening and maintaining files, ensuring policies and procedures are followed according to firm and client guidelines, running conflict searches, maintaining calendars and bring forwards, preparing routine correspondence, electronic and paper filing in an organized fashion, copying, faxing
- Preparing, serving and filing court documents in accordance with court rules
- Scheduling discoveries, meetings, conferences, confirming dates with all involved parties
- Occasionally provide refreshments / ordering catering if required
- Assisting with travel arrangements where required
- Tracking deadlines to ensure compliance with court limitations, client guidelines, etc.
- Occasional billing, pre-billing, calculating discounts in accordance with client guidelines
- Occasional assisting other staff with work overflow and general office duties where required
- Legal experience in insurance defence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as proficiency in file organization and time management. An independent, self-motivated and detail-oriented team player who seeks a challenge would be well-suited to this position
- Technical proficiency with PC Law, Word, Outlook, Excel would be an asset
We provide competitive salary, in a friendly, team-based environment
Kindly submit your resume, together with your salary expectations, email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their responses, however only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
Per client guidelines, a police check is required upon hire.
No agencies at this time.