TLOMA FACILITIES SIG - Step-by-Step Guide to Digitizing Case Files and Minute Books
After decades of producing and storing paper case files, minute books, and more, the start of a project to digitize these legacy records can be overwhelming. Join us on June 28th as we will walk through a step-by-step guide to assist you in managing the transition away from paper storage into long-term secure digital archives. We will review the full end-to-end process (from obtaining buy-in internally, to packing your paper files and planning electronic storage, and more) providing you with a straightforward roadmap to navigate a digital transformation initiative.
- Create the business case internally (benefits of digitizing records)
- Partner with a trusted outsource provider (what to look for in terms of experience, security, etc.)
- Review paper files to confirm scope (how to estimate paper volume and what decisions need to be made in advance of scanning)
- Leverage electronic manifests and data (file naming / indexing)
- Plan electronic storage
- Commence digitization project (overview of scanning process)