TLOMA Technology SIG Event - Protect your firm’s reputation with Data Loss Prevention - a briefing for law firms
Law firms face a number of challenges when it comes to the management of sensitive information. Unfortunately, keeping this data secure has become increasingly difficult - and not for the reasons you might expect. While the headlines might focus on malicious data breaches by outsiders, the reality is that the vast majority of security incidents are caused by employees.
It could be as simple as sharing a client’s PII over unsecured channels like email or a team collaboration app, or transferring client data to a portable USB drive or a personal cloud storage service so that it can be accessed from court. These common practices put your sensitive data at risk every day, making it vulnerable to exfiltration and potentially exposing your firm to industry fines, or worse still - a loss of client trust.
In this session you’ll learn how firms like yours use Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools to better protect confidential information.
- Understand the risks to your sensitive files and data.
- How to control the devices connected to employee laptops.
- How law firms use USB drive encryption to work safely when there’s no internet connection.
- How you can stop sensitive client information from being shared via email and apps.
- How to maintain regulatory compliance by scanning for confidential information stored on employee laptops.
- How to roll-out DLP to a law firm and how to build a culture around data security
Join us for an interactive presentation.