Partner, Private Client Services Tax
BDO Canada LLP
Katie Kaplan is a Private Client Service Tax Partner in BDO’s Toronto office and BDO’s GTA Emerging Technology Leader. She has over ten years of experience providing tax planning and compliance expertise in domestic taxation.
Katie has spent her career providing taxation services to a wide variety of clients in many industries, with a specific focus on technology, manufacturing, transportation and professional services. She is a member of BDO’s Regional Technology & Life Sciences, Manufacturing and Transportation, Warehousing & Distribution committees. She is a past tutorial leader for the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada In-Depth Tax program, past member of the Functions Advisory Group for the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, and served as the inaugural Treasurer and Director for a local Family Health team.
Professional Designations & Education
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- CPA Specialized Tax Course- Corporate Reorganizations
- CPA Specialized Tax Course- Advanced Tax Issues for the Owner-Managed Business
- CPA In-Depth Tax Course, Parts 1, 2 & 3
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Ontario