Senior Law Clerk - Insurance Defence
Zarek Taylor Grossman Hanrahan LLP is seeking a hard-working and dedicated Senior Law Clerk to join our firm.
WHO WE ARE
Zarek Taylor Grossman Hanrahan LLP (ZTGH) is a fast-paced civil litigation firm, with a deep breadth of expertise in all areas of insurance defence law. We have been consistently named as one of the top 10 Insurance Boutiques in Canada by Canadian Lawyer Magazine. At ZTGH we pride ourselves on providing client-focused solutions to complex legal problems and we have argued and won at all levels of court including the Supreme Court of Canada. We put a strong emphasis on collegiality and collaboration in our workspace.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Briefing AB/Tort files
- Coordinating with external experts, vendors and witnesses
- Summarizing initial and updated file material, productions and updates from clients
- Brief initial and updated file materials, productions and undertakings
- Communicate with clients on status updates and requests
- File Management consisting of bi-weekly and monthly reviews
- Follow up with undertakings
- Final orders and accounts
- Draft Affidavit of Documents
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience (Insurance Defence/Personal Injury)
- Trial experience an asset
- Estate Litigation experience an asset
- Experience with PC Law, TimeMatters, and Primafact an asset
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Proven team player with effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and literacy skills
- Proven ability in Microsoft Office
HOW TO APPLY
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic and dynamic work environment, then we invite you to apply for the Law Clerk position. To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Zarek Taylor Grossman Hanrahan LLP is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.