Bennett Jones LLP is a top tier, full service international law firm with offices in Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver, and New York. We are proud that Bennett Jones was ranked as a Platinum Level Best Employer in the 2021 "Best Employers in Canada" survey conducted by Kincentric. The firm has also been recognized for 2022 as one of "Alberta's Top 75 Employers" and as a Top Employer for Young People in a study conducted by Mediacorp. The firm has been ranked as one of the top places to work in Canada for 20 consecutive years.
We are currently recruiting for the following role in our Toronto office:
- Accurately drafting, proofreading and formatting various legal and general materials including: documents, spreadsheets, reports, memos, presentations, forms and other items
- Administrative duties as required such as managing calendars, coordinating meetings and making travel arrangements
- Developing and maintaining filing system and filing documents on iManage (DMS)
- Thorough understanding of billing process including: opening/closing client files, entering dockets, preparing expense reports and preparing client accounts on a monthly basis
- Establishing positive working relations with both internal and external contacts
- Ensuring client contact information is up-to-date in InterAction (CRM)
- Keeping file lists up-to-date and taking the initiative to send files to storage once completed
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a legal assistant in Corporate
- Post-secondary education in legal administration or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Ability to handle confidential and non-routine information, with discretion and professionalism
- Exceptional proofreading and grammar skills
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills
Bennett Jones Services Limited Partnership
3400 One First Canadian Place
P.O. Box 130
Toronto, ON M5X 1A4
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Bennett Jones is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005. If you require accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Bennett Jones is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our Firm members. Effective October 1, 2021 Bennett Jones will require all Firm members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with public health guidance, prior to entering the workplace, attending a firm sponsored event, attending at a client's workplace or travelling on Firm business. Bennett Jones welcomes applications from all applicants, including applicant who may requires a specific accommodation because of a disability or another protected ground. Any applicants requiring accommodation during the application process should contact the email address above.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.