Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is a full service law firm with approximately 240 support staff and lawyers. We are committed to ensuring our people are engaged and supported in their roles. People are our greatest asset and the attraction and retention of talent is essential to our delivery of excellent legal services to our clients. Our firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial and flexible work environment for its members.
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
We have an immediate opening for a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator. The position will report directly to the Human Resources Director and will be responsible for processing all payroll and compensation for the firm and administering benefits programs. Candidates require a minimum of 2 years' experience processing full cycle payroll, and administering benefit programs preferably in a law firm.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payroll and compensation semi-monthly, validate and correct information monthly and proactively audit payroll year round.
- Update Dayforce payroll system with new hires, terminations, salary increases, promotions, status changes, leave of absences, etc. as directed;
- Calculate, balance, and remit all payroll deductions, statutory withholdings, and source deductions (EI, CPP, Tax, EHT), and communicate with Government agencies as required;
- Complete year-end payroll process, enter year-end adjustments, and prepare/file T4/T4A;
- Enroll Firm members in applicable benefits as directed and set up accordingly in payroll;
- Analyze and reconcile monthly benefit invoices (Health & Dental, AD&D, LTD), and provide to Management for approval;
- Administer the Firm's RRSP, including tracking eligibility dates, providing enrolment details to members, processing through payroll, assisting with transfer details;
- Provide timely responses to confidential inquiries from all levels of the Firm for matters related to payroll, compensation, and benefits administration; and
- Support various projects and initiatives as required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar capacity, preferably in a law firm;
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation;
- Post-secondary and/or professional training in finance, accounting, payroll, or human resources;
- Sound knowledge of legislation relevant to employment practices and payroll administration;
- Proficient in the following computer program: Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel), Document Management Systems, accounting software (Aderant is an asset), Payroll and HRIS (Ceridian Dayforce preferred);
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; must respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Customer service oriented;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with and identify confidential information;
- Can work independently and as part of team; and
- A professional demeanor and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Why You Should Apply:
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP offers a congenial work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, a full benefits program, and an opportunity to work part of your work week from home. Our benefits include health and dental coverage, competitive vacation packages, referral programs, and employee assistance programs. When starting at the Firm, new team members are provided a comprehensive training and orientation program. Our Firm strives to nurture the professional development of our support staff through offering training workshops regularly throughout the year and Lunch & Learn events on a variety of topics on a quarterly basis.
We look forward to meeting the successful candidate and having a long-term professional relationship. Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to email@example.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your e-mail.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.