Cozen O’Connor LLP has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic full-time Administrative Assistant in our Toronto Office. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter, who is able to perform extensive multi-tasking under numerous time constraints with exceptional attention to detail; someone who takes initiative; thinks strategically and independently, and is confident to interact with all levels of the firm. The position requires excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Preparing, proofreading and processing letters and other correspondence
- Opening new matters and performing conflict checks, as necessary
- Maintaining calendars and scheduling appointments including travel/hotel arrangements
- Scans, copies materials for Group
- Monitoring emails and responding to those that can be addressed
- Assisting lawyers in arranging for splitting of sub matters
- Receiving, reviewing, obtaining approvals and processing of vendor costs
- Following up with lawyers/finance on status of payments
- Receiving/matching cheques to invoices, scanning/saving copies and mailing/couriering
- Managing vendor inquiries: late payments/inconsistencies/duplicates/refunds
- Fielding lawyer inquiries regarding bill payments
- Managing receivables to include updating payment charts and notifying lawyers of payments
- Maintaining records of all invoices, receipts, and cheques
- Coordinating/sending payment reminders
- Receiving and posting expenses and responding to rejected inquires
- Liaising with billing department on lawyers’ behalf
- Updating billing department with client contact information
- Receiving monthly statements and liaising with lawyers for instructions
- Emailing monthly statements to clients upon lawyers’ request
- Receiving month un-allocation reports and working with finance/lawyers on allocations
- Receiving, researching and answering client inquiries regarding Cozen invoices
- Attending to banking, including preparing deposit slips, attending at bank
- Managing electronic and physical copies (scanning/saving)
- Office/Clerical Administrative experience is preferred.
- Experience with InterAction (CRM), Chrome River, and Microsoft Suite with advanced level experience in Word and Outlook, is a plus.
- Ability to draft, proofread/edit documents, including e-mails with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously or in a team environment
- Work well under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to work overtime if necessary
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com.
Cozen O’Connor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.