Finance and Operations Assistant
Torkin Manes LLP is a vibrant, growing, medium-sized full-service law firm located in downtown Toronto. Our 100+ lawyers practise in all areas of business law and litigation. Torkin Manes is ranked as the #1 Ontario regional law firm by Canadian Lawyer and is consistently ranked as one of Canada’s top Regional law firms by Chambers Canada. Our consistent top rankings are a testament to our client service ethic, commitment to the legal profession, and success in our areas of practice.
We are currently looking for a Finance and Operations Assistant to join our team!
The position will report to the Director, Operations and Finance while also supporting the Management Committee on an ad hoc basis for Firm initiatives. This role will appeal to an administrative professional who is an extremely organised, structured and responsible person who gets energy from working in dynamic environments and creating a sense of calm and structure within those environments. You are also flexible and take a pragmatic approach to change. People recognise you as a real team player.
- Prepare confidential correspondence, reports, etc., for the Director, Operations and Finance and the Management Committee members as required
- Originate and expedite the flow of work through the Director’s office, including initiating follow-up actions as required
- Calendar management including booking meetings for Management Committee and Partners meetings
- Prepare meeting agendas including preparing and distributing meeting materials and maintaining meeting action lists
- Assist with organization of Firm events such as Retreats, off site meetings, etc.
- Assist with correspondence to LSO and LawPro for lawyers joining and/or leaving the Firm
- Maintain various lawyer memberships i.e. LSO, CBA/OBA
- Assist with documentation of Firm processes, organizational charts, and governance matters
- Prepare and format financial reports and budgets
- Other duties as assigned
What You Offer:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in an administrative role, preferably in a law firm
- Completion of degree or diploma in office administration including courses in general administration, accounting, facilities management, and technology
- Experienced in calendar management. Capable of prioritizing business needs and make trade-offs across all stakeholders accordingly. Ability to prioritize within a fast-paced environment
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally, with high levels of diplomacy, with senior leaders, external stakeholders, as well as administrative staff
- Proactive and motivated to emphasize on current processes and build efficient systems
- The ability to provide editing, proof-reading, and reviewing of documents prior to finalizing
- Demonstrates a professional polish in both internal and external interactions and the ability to display finesse and stability under pressure
- Maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times
- A positive, solution-oriented personality with great interpersonal skills. Showing ownership through responsibility and accountability
- Strong technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Kofax PDF software
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefit and insurance plans, with HSA
- RRSP plan with employer contributions
- Fitness Benefit
- Education assistance
If you are motivated and looking to excel, please submit your resume in confidence to: HR@torkinmanes.com
Torkin Manes LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Torkin Manes is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible by reaching out to email@example.com, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all those who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.