Real Estate Law Clerk – Junior
Are you interested in working at one of Canada’s leading business law firms alongside some of the best and brightest legal minds providing exceptional service to our clients?
Take the next step in your legal career and join Osler’s Real Estate Group as a Law Clerk, in our Toronto office, and be part of a team of legal professionals who help our clients navigate complex commercial real estate transactions. The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include assisting in all aspects of real property and in the completion of commercial purchase, sale and financing transactions.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- Law Clerk Certificate or Diploma
- Experience using the Teraview software program
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to the Real Estate practice area, such as the Land Titles Act, Registry Act, Land Registration Reform Act and the Planning Act
- High technology proficiency (including Microsoft Word, Excel, and other relevant software
- Ability to handle mulitple taks and prioritze competing deadlines
- Ability to respond to urgent client requests occasionally outside of normal business hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication to high quality and accuracy with strong attention to detail
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, law clerks, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
If you have the required background and an interest in taking your next step at Osler, please apply in confidence with a cover letter, résumé and transcripts directly to our online application portal.
Applications submitted outside of our online application portal will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
To protect the health and safety of firm members and visitors and to comply with the recommendations of public health authorities, employment at Osler will be conditional on the candidate submitting evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.