Litigation Law Clerk
Sotos LLP, one of Canada’s leading class action law firms is seeking a Litigation Law Clerk with experience in Civil or Commercial Litigation. The successful candidate will be working with a collegial team of lawyers, law clerks and assistants in a fast-paced environment on exciting and topical cases.
- Providing support to Litigation and Class Action Lawyers, as required;
- Preparing general pleadings including Pleadings, Motion materials, Bills of Costs and Costs Outlines and Affidavits of Service;
- Preparing motion records and factums, including hyperlinking;
- Preparing Affidavits of Documents including assembling, organizing, and reviewing documents for relevance;
- Assisting at Examinations for Discovery and drafting Undertakings Charts;
- Assisting at Trial, preparing Witness Statements and Summons to Witness forms;
- Commissioning affidavits, including remote commissioning;
- Organizing and maintaining office files and records in accordance with the firm’s procedures;
- Coordinating with local and multi-jurisdictional process servers regarding service and filing of court materials;
- Coordinating with court offices and scheduling of appointments;
- Administrative tasks including filing, scanning and timekeeping;
- Law Clerk Certificate or Paralegal License;
- Minimum five years of Civil or Commercial Litigation experience. Class action experience is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Proficient in the use and application of Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe;
- Knowledge and understanding of filing procedures in the Ontario courts, including CaseLines;
- Knowledge and understanding of e-Discovery procedures;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience using a Document Management System and e-Discovery databases;
- Strong interpersonal skills for liaising with clients, lawyers and court offices;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work as a team player and independently as required.
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes to email@example.com.
Sotos LLP welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available for candidates and employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.