Sotos LLP, one of Canada’s leading class action law firms is seeking a Litigation Assistant with experience in Civil or Commercial Litigation. The successful candidate will be working with a collegial team of lawyers, law clerks and assistants in a fast-paced environment on exciting and topical cases.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Drafting routine correspondence, using ACL;
- Organizing and maintain office files in DMS;
- Preparation of pleadings, affidavits, exhibits, Schedule A lists, motion records and cost outlines, following general precedents;
- Preparation of affidavits of service and commissioning affidavits;
- Coordinating with process servers for service and filing of documents in the Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court and Court of Appeal;
- Coordinating with court offices to book motions and hearings;
- Scheduling and managing calendars for client meetings, examinations for discovery, motions, hearings and mediations;
- Administrative tasks including opening and closing files, electronic filing of documents, scanning, docketing, preparation of accounts;
- Minimum three years of Civil or Commercial Litigation experience. Class action experience is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Knowledge and understanding of filing procedures in the Ontario courts, including CaseLines;
- Knowledge and understanding of e-Discovery procedures;
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized College Legal assistant/Law clerk program;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Proficient in the use and application of Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Experience using a Document Management System;
- Strong interpersonal skills for liaising with clients, lawyers and court offices;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work as a team player and independently as required;.
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sotos LLP welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available for candidates and employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.