Marketing Event Specialist
Fasken is a leading international business law and litigation firm. Our firm’s 700 lawyers are located across offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, London and Johannesburg. Providing strategic and thoughtful advice in all areas of business law, our broad range of clients include close to half of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as corporate clients, government agencies, regulatory authorities, non-profit bodies and individuals.
We are a high-achieving, professional, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and friendly place to work. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and offer a welcoming environment for all people. While we are here to service our clients and are a deadline-driven industry, we look to be innovative, and there are opportunities to participate in initiatives which make a difference in our firm and community as well as to attend firm social events.
Achieve excellence doing work that’s challenging and rewarding, with people you’ll like working with, in an environment that’s welcoming, supportive, entrepreneurial and innovative, where you’re a valued contributor, not just an employee. For additional information about the firm or this position, please visit our website at www.fasken.com.
MARKETING EVENT SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Services the Marketing Event Specialist is a critical role that supports the business/client development activities of the lawyers and or/practice groups. The role involves direct contact with the firm’s partners and associates as well as their legal assistants.
We are looking for an outgoing Marketing Event Specialist in our Toronto office to plan, co-ordinate, and execute a variety of firm events for internal and external clients. We offer one of the best learning environments in the profession and will challenge you to grow through a wide range of experiences.
Hours of work are from 9 am to 5 pm. Occasional pre-authorized overtime may be required to meet client needs.
At Fasken, success means:
- A strong client service approach - ready, willing, and able
- Effective problem solving skills with the ability to exercise judgement to resolve related issues
- The ability to take ownership of tasks, take initiative, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives
- Being extremely accurate with high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, staff and third parties
- Having comfort working with people at all levels
- Being highly organized in prioritizing work to be able to consistently meet tight deadlines within a fast paced work environment
- Being a self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment.
- Work with lawyers and other stakeholders to develop customized events that meet the firm’s business development objectives including seminars and conferences, receptions, and social events
- Engage and co-ordinate resources in-house to ensure that all logistics are managed and executed
- Co-ordinate event logistics and source and recommend vendors, suppliers, caterers, promotional items, offsite venues, and negotiate costs
- Gather and help prepare material and coordinate logistics for PowerPoint presentations and formatting as required
- Create and monitor event schedules and budgets and identify and resolve event issues to minimize complications
- Work with Marketing Team to assist with the creation of the graphic concept in order to create event invitations, both in print and evites, and any required handouts
- Create and update event information in the Firm’s database; this includes the database list of sponsors, clients and contacts are maintained for invitation lists
- Ensure invitations are sent, maintain the RSVP list, and send out attendance confirmation emails
- Participate in a variety of department initiatives as required to assist the team
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and suggest new tools to improve the event management process.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- College diploma in Business, Hospitality Management or Event Planning
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a similar role within a professional services firm
- Proficiency with MS Office 2010 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), and knowledge of CRM systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of event management principles, methods and techniques.
This role reports to the Manager, Marketing Services.
Accessibility and Accommodation
It is important to our Firm that all its members, including those with disabilities, find our workplace to be welcoming and supportive. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Background and Reference Checks
Any offer of employment may be conditional upon full background checks including a criminal record check, a credit check and employment and educational verifications. A reference check will also be conducted.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates, however, only those applicants whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE.