Litigation Legal Assistant
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant for a full-time opportunity within our Litigation group in our Vaughan location. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys a fast-paced and dynamic role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, strong communication and organizational skills, with a desire to work in and promote a client first focused culture.
In this role, some responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Drafting, revising and preparing of correspondance, accounts, briefs, various litigation documents and court forms;
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system and diarizing reminders, meetings, and timelines for court/filing deadlines;
- Administrative duties such as: managing email/calendar accounts, processing accounts, electronic/hard copy filing and coordinating meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, etc.;
- Other business related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant, and have a Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure is required;
- Experience in construction law and/or commercial litigation is considered an asset;
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proofreading and accuracy are required;
- Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, occasionally under tight timelines;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within an open team environment;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion when necessary.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.