Intermediate Insurance Defence Law Clerk
Dutton Brock LLP is a leading mid-size Toronto law firm specializing in litigation and insurance law. We currently have two immediate openings for an intermediate level law clerk. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with either an associate in our tort practice group or an associate specializing in both tort and AB.
- Drafting pleadings, affidavits of documents, pre-trial and mediation memoranda, etc.
- Ensuring compliance with undertakings given on examination for discovery
- Organizing file and preparing briefs
- Assisting with trial preparation
- Reviewing files and performing tasks necessary to move case forward
- Assist in day-to-day management of litigation practice
The successful candidate must:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience as a full time litigation law clerk
- Possesses a solid understanding of the Rules of Civil Procedure including working knowledge of documentation and timelines
- Be a self starter who is capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Possess excellent oral and written skills
- Thrive in a friendly, fast paced environment
- Be able to handle large volumes of documentation and possess exemplary organizational skills
- Have excellent decision making skills and sound judgment in day-to-day file management.
The firm offers a friendly work environment with competitive compensation including family coverage for group health benefits and a retirement savings plan.
Resumes may be submitted in confidence to Laura Barron at email@example.com
Dutton Brock welcomes applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, kindly contact Laura Barron.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our firm; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE