CaleyWray has been one of Canada’s leading labour law firms serving trade unions for over 40 years. As a full service labour firm, we provide effective representation to our clients in all areas of law that impact trade unions and their members.
Daily tasks and duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for two lawyers
- Organize & maintain a large volume of documents & files using firm’s filing system
- Compose, edit & revise correspondence, administrative tribunal/court forms & other legal documents from dictation and/or oral instruction
- Prepare summons & arrange for appropriate conduct money to be provided & served by numerous process servers throughout Canada
- File & serve all types of legal documents with courts, tribunals & opposing counsel
- Schedule meetings, hearings and conference calls with clients, court & tribunal offices & other legal agents
- Keep track of imperative dates & timelines for lawyer(s) using Microsoft Outlook
Skills and Knowledge
- Completion of a Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Certificate is preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Team player
- Adapts well and learns quickly
To apply please email a covering letter and resume to the Office Manager's assistant Kelly Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or telephone calls.