Legal Assistant, Business Law - 15 Month Contract
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Legal Assistant for a 15 month maternity leave contract opportunity in the Business Law group located in our Toronto office.
In this role your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Manage all administrative tasks, including email/calendar management and full cycle accounting procedures and firm processes (i.e. file openings, credit limits, invoices, collections, etc.);
- Manage/prepare agendas, coordinate/prepare meetings and materials, appointments, travel arrangements, etc.;
- Assist with the preparation of corporate documents, letters, closing agendas, and full assistance on transactions;
- Ensure follow-up on activities, files and outstanding items with direct reports;
- Filter incoming calls/mail and follow-up on various information requests;
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as a Business Law/Corporate Legal Assistant;
- Certificate or Diploma from a Community College or equivalent;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Experience working with large documents;
- Have the ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, prioritize work, and take direction;
- A team oriented approach and the ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Must possess excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word;
- Possess a mature, professional attitude, meet strict deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Please forward resume as, Attn: Legal Assistant, Business Law - 15 month contract to email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.