Corporate Legal Assistant
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are seeking a Corporate Legal Assistant for a full-time, permanent position in the Toronto office supporting the Corporate Services Department.
The successful candidate will independently manage the daily activities of the clerks’ practices and other tasks for the Corporate Services Department. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Legal Assistant, as well as a related Community College Diploma or equivalent, is required.
To be successful in this role, you must take pride in keeping practices organized with the ability to thrive in a share team. You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, quick turnaround time, a keen eye for detail and a professional attitude. Some Corporate experience is a definite asset.
In this role your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Provide clerical, administrative and general office support including, but not limited to, calendar management, opening/closing files, photocopying, faxing, receives/places phone calls with internal and/or external parties, process incoming/outgoing mail and scans PDF documents;
- Provide administrative support with respect to accounting and billing matters including, where applicable, working with assigned billing clerk in the processing of invoices, expense and cheque requisitions, trust receipts, etc;
- Order various documents from government authorities (compliance, attestation and copies of various documents);
- Retrieve, revise and maintain Corporate Records, inventory, files and Minute Books;
- Attend to minimal accounting matters (i.e. prepare and deliver cheque requests, invoice payments, etc.);
- Enter basic corporate data in the corporate database (Enact) and upload executed documents to virtual minute books;
- Manage effective bring forward and critical date reminder system for paraprofessionals, including sending out reminder communications to lawyers and clients after checking appropriate sources;
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Please email resumes directly to: email@example.com. _________________________________________________________________
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.