Legal Assistant - Corporate/Securities
At Wildeboer Dellelce we have a very simple goal - to be the premier transactional business law firm in Canada. We focus on this goal in everything we do.
If you are interested in being a member of a passionately service-oriented team and you enjoy a fast paced but collegial work environment, we'd like to hear from you.
In order to attract and retain the best people, we offer competitive compensation and benefits comparable within our industry. Furthermore, at Wildeboer Dellelce, we invest in the continued development of our people. We are committed to ongoing training and are looking for individuals who are eager and determined to continually learn throughout their careers with us.
Scope of Position:
We are seeking a Legal Assistant to assist our legal professionals in the Corporate and Securities practice areas.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Work 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, 35 hours per week; paid overtime may be required from time to time
- Draft, edit, format, and revise agreements, correspondence, letters, memoranda and other documents
- Prepare blacklines
- Receive, handle, screen and/or direct incoming calls as directed by lawyers; respond to routine inquiries and requests from clients and take messages as required
- Route or answer correspondence
- Facilitate the creation and production of closing books, both paper and e-copies
- Assist with transactional closings
- Maintain lawyers’ calendars and contacts in Outlook and client relationship management databases
- Organize physical and electronic legal files; assist lawyers with operation of the document management system
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and conference calls, both internally and externally
- Perform clerical, business development, and general office duties
- Perform administrative duties with respect to expense claims, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, scanning, and photocopying
- Put together presentations using PowerPoint and/or Visio
- Provide support to other assistants who may be absent or managing multiple tasks and/or difficult deadlines
- Provide support and back up to administrative positions as needed
- Work proactively as a positive and productive member of the team
- Other duties as required and consistent with the position scope
Summary of Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a Legal Assistant diploma and will have recent legal administrative experience in Corporate Law and/or equivalent. We are looking for a person who is self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a flexible attitude. This person must be able to establish priorities, work well under pressure, work efficiently with minimum supervision, communicate effectively, and be a good team player. Other key attributes include, but are not limited to, excellent attention to detail, solid problem-solving skills, as well as superior written and oral communication skills. Strong computer literacy and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, PCLaw, CRM, DMS, Workshare, and Visio will also be taken into consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Wildeboer Dellelce LLP; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Wildeboer Dellelce LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background and wish to work in one of Canada's leading corporate finance law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date to:
Application Deadline: August 30, 2019.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.