Legal Assistant - Insurance Defence
James Wilson Barristers is a boutique insurance defence litigation firm. We are currently seeking to hire a Litigation Legal Assistant with 2-4 years of experience in insurance defence.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 - 4 years of direct experience in civil insurance defence litigation;
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized College;
- Solid knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and Rules of the Small Claims Court;
- Advanced knowledge and skill in grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Fast and accurate typing speed;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Resourceful individual who takes initiative;
- Strong proofreading and attention to detail;
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work well in a team as well as with minimum supervision when required;
- Considers themselves a team player who works well under pressure;
- Is time conscious and deadline oriented;
- Strong technical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transcribing material by written means or dictation;
- Drafting correspondence and reports;
- Compiling motion records;
- Scheduling examinations, mediations,
- Compiling documents and organizing files including preparation of court materials;
- Researching information and summarizing findings to professional;
- Briefing and updating files;
- Obtaining productions from opposing counsel and third parties;
- Drafting Release and Settlement Disclosure Notice;
- Obtaining Dismissal Orders;
- Arranging for and reviewing medical documentation;
- Trial preparation;
- Other duties as required.
For more information about our Firm, please visit our website at www.jwbarristers.com.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resume, including the job title in the subject line, to: Patricia Colosimo, Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE