Corporate Compliance Clerk
Based in the heart of Toronto's financial district, Blaney McMurtry is one of Canada's premier law firms. Recognized and ranked as leaders in our field, it is in our DNA to deliver efficient, practical legal services to support our clients' businesses. We seek exceptional individuals who take pride in their work and know the importance of excellent client service.
We currently have an opening in our Corporate Services department for a Compliance Clerk/Legal Assistant. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Corporate Clerks and work with minimal supervision. The job responsibilities will include:
- Attending to extra provincial filings and registrations including initial registrations, annual returns and notices of changes. Corresponding with extra-provincial agents to attend to registrations and filings.
- Attending to business name registrations & renewals, limited partnership registrations & renewals and Federal annual returns.
- Attending to generating monthly reports from corporate database relating to various registrations and renewals.
- Assisting Corporate Clerks with circulation of audit inquiries.
- Minute book filings.
- Importing documents into corporate database.
- Maintaining extra-provincial charts.
- Special projects as needed.
- Assisting the Corporate Clerks with administration matters.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Corporate experience
- Thorough knowledge of extra-provincial filings and registrations
- Competence in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong follow up skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workflow, and to follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required.
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take about 10–15 minutes to complete. It’s optional to do, and you will get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging into the application tool.
Interested Candidates should apply here. We will review applications as they are received and all applications will be kept on file. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application. Blaney McMurtry is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest.