Senior Securities and Corporate Law Clerk
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East, positioning us to help companies with their legal needs around the world. DLA Piper (Canada) LLP is one of Canada’s leading law firms with a team of innovative, proactive and dedicated lawyers, administrative and support staff who serve our clients in Canada, the Pacific Rim and around the world. Named one of British Columbia’s Top Employers from 2007 to 2019, we offer competitive salaries and benefits across all offices, including a generous, top-rated employee pension plan. We believe that all members of our team need to work together to provide world-class service to our clients.
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DLA Piper (Canada) LLP is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
We are currently looking for a Corporate/Securities Law Clerk to join our Corporate service group and invite you to review the job description. Our aim is to find a candidate with specialized knowledge within the securities realm but broad enough corporate background to provide support in corporate services as time allows.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the coordination of the day-to-day responsibilities of the Corporate Services team;
- Ensures Corporate Services procedures and best practices are communicated and followed;
- Maintains familiarity with contents of client files and interacts directly with clients to ensure that necessary filings (both in Ontario and extra provincially) under the Corporations Information Act (Ontario) and other Ontario and applicable federal legislation are attended to;
- Incorporates and organizes Ontario and Federal corporation;
- Drafts corporate authorizing resolutions and documents required for day to day corporate proceedings as well as continuances, amalgamations, dissolutions and winding up; and
- Assists corporate lawyers with necessary corporate resolutions and documentation required in connection with asset and share purchases and divestitures and corporate reorganizations.
- Preparation and organization of securities offering and corporate documents, including private placement documents, OM’s, prospectuses, AIF, proxy materials, and related SEDAR filings;
- Familiarity with steps involved in conducting AGM's, private placements, IPO's, stock option grants, and various other filings with the TSX and TSXV;
- Assisting in entity acquisitions and divestitures by organizing, compiling and analyzing due diligence information;
- Preparing and reviewing schedules to definitive agreements;
- Ability to complete preliminary drafts of documents using our precedents and information supplied by client;
- Ability to read financial statements;
- Prepare and file exempt distribution reports;
- Prepare and file forms related to capital markets participation fees; and
- Other corporate legal duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate of a Paralegal Program with securities and corporate commercial experience - minimum of 10 years’ in securities;
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, ALF and Elite;
- Must be capable of interpreting instructions, preparing required documentation and correspondence and generally following files through to completion;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills required for effective communication with clients, lawyers, and other staff members;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment;
- Capable of working independently; and
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.