Henein Hutchinson LLP is seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk to join our firm located in Toronto. As the Accounting Clerk you will report directly to the Office Manager and provide support with a variety of critical tasks including A/R and A/P, collections, billings, financial reporting, month-end reconciliations, and assist with various accounting and administrations tasks, as assigned. Collaboration is embraced, so expect to participate and develop in areas expanding beyond your defined role. As we continue to grow, so will the opportunities within our firm.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Process firm and client account receipts, disbursements and wire transfers
- Responsible for processing daily deposits
- Complete trust and general bank account reconciliations
- Process client billings on a monthly basis
- Support with all period end close processes, ensuring timely transfer of accurate and complete financial information to the Office Manager
- Support Office Manager in keeping tax remittances and Law Society filings up-to-date
- Other tasks and projects, as assigned
- Find opportunities to increase efficiency in all tasks
- Mandatory previous working experience with PcLaw accounting software
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- The successful candidate will also have a flexible attitude and a team approach to all job responsibilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and sense of urgency under tight timelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of client needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Previous working experience in a law firm or professional services firm would be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email, including the job title in the subject line to email@example.com. HH LLP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know. While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.