Corporate Law Clerk
Chaitons LLP is an established boutique firm with a reputation for excellence coupled with an entrepreneurial and client-focused approach. We offer a congenial work environment, state-of-the-art technology and competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. We are currently recruiting for a Corporate Law Clerk to join our firm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of documents required for incorporations, amalgamations, amendments, revivals, dissolutions, continuances, and extra-provincial registrations, annual resolutions, annual returns and changes to directors, officers, registered office address and corporate name;
- Arranging for required government filings such as articles, notices of change and annual returns, etc.
- Ensuring documents comply with the applicable legislation (e.g. Business Corporations Act (Ontario), Canada Business Corporations Act);
- Review and update minute books as required;
- Draft routine closing documents, conduct searches, prepare closing books and all other administrative tasks related to corporate transactions (including documentation relating to Section 85 rollovers under the Income Tax Act).
- Minimum 3 – 5 years corporate experience;
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required;
- Possess Law Clerk or Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate from a recognized institution;
- Excellent keyboarding skills with proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Extremely organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Chaitons LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. Chaitons LLP will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
All applications will be held in the strictest confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please reply in writing to:
CHAITONS LLP, 5000 Yonge Street, 10th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M2N 7E9
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.