We have an immediate opening for a full-time Billing Clerks within our Toronto office. This position will report to the Billings Manager located in Toronto. This position is scheduled to work 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. During month-end periods, some overtime and flexibility may be required to meet demands of the role. Discretion, confidentiality and attention to detail are essential to this role and required at all times.
- Provide direct assistance to lawyers in the production of their client accounts;
- Distribute lawyer accounts to clients and interact with clients on any billing inquiries;
- Process transfers, write-offs and bills into the accounting system;
- Review and determine tax application for client invoices;
- Respond to lawyer and legal assistant enquiries;
- Provide assistance/backup support as required to others in the Finance Department;
- Other special projects as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the billings process and other general accounting procedures;
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills are necessary;
- Strong ability to ensure all firm policies and control procedures are met;
- Additional accounting course work an asset;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Basic understanding of technologies, applications and related processes commonly in place and used within the legal industry such as Elite accounting system;
- Demonstrates tact and discretion, sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
- Commitment to privacy and ethical conduct with a strong ability to ensure all firm policies and control procedures are met;
- Superb organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and effectively with individuals at all levels within a team-oriented environment;
- Able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and prioritize work;
- Proven track record of being adaptable to change in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by email to:
Dentons Canada LLP
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We believe that diversity and inclusion is essential to the success and strength of our firm. We believe that a proactive approach where we support and embrace our individual talents and differences enriches our firm, our professional practice and our communities. It offers us a broader perspective to foster more creative ideas and greater effectiveness, which enhances our ability to provide our clients with the best possible advice and service. Dentons Canada is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any accommodation requirements, we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.