ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
As a key member of the Information Technology Infrastructure Operation’s team, the Systems Analyst position is responsible for national Information Technology (IT) telecommunications solutions for all Canadian offices and is very diverse in the areas of responsibility. Working closely with Manager Infrastructure Operations Canada, the successful candidate will assist in the delivery and design of the Canadian telecommunications operations and work on day-to-day issues, including hands-on delivery and projects.
This position can be based in any of the following Gowling WLG offices: Toronto or Ottawa.
- Deliver and maintain high quality operational services in collaboration with the Infrastructure Operations team for systems in line with enterprise architecture, governance and strategy.
- Assist with the implementation of standard processes and procedures to support Canada wide operations.
- Deploy, maintain, and monitor Internet links, Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN) distributed within Gowling WLG Canada in conjunction with service providers.
- Provide 3rd level user support on a priority basis, including Service Desk and technical support services.
- Manage network firewalls and intermediate zone security (DMZ, B2B, etc.) as well as other perimeter security solutions.
- Control network access security (802.1x, certificate management, wireless access web portal, etc.).
- Provide IT training to Canadian IT staff on new and existing solutions.
- Identify, recommend, implement, and support cost effective technology solutions.
- Maintain complete, up-to-date records on everything related to the telecommunications solutions (installations, changes, DRP, inventories).
- University degree in information technology or diploma of collegial studies in computer science/networking or security with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience as a network/security technician and 2 to 5 years’ experience in firewall management and support.
- CCNA or CCNP certification with experience with Web filtering systems.
- Excellent knowledge of the various routing protocols such as EIGRP and OSPF.
- Ability to handle confidential information and use good judgment.
- Possess strong planning, analytical, and conceptual skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and written.
- Knowledge of legal industry and technology, an asset.
- Flexibility to provide on-call and after hours support is required.Travel to other offices is a possibility.
- Possess confidence, courage and enthusiasm to drive business change
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our Careers page at www.gowlingwlg.com.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.