Legal Assistant - Insurance Defence
Zarek Taylor Grossman Hanrahan LLP is an insurance defence boutique with an expertise that spans the breadth of the practice including tort, accident benefits, property and general insurance matters. Our focus is on providing exceptional client service, where initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit form the cornerstone of our success.
Aside from a competitive compensation package and benefits plan, we offer a fast-paced, supportive, team-oriented work environment where you will immediately be able to make a contribution. We pride ourselves on being a firm that offers a stimulating career, and the opportunity to grow and shape your own future potential.
We’re looking for our perfect match. If you are an experienced Insurance Defence Legal Assistant who is knowledgeable, organized, and self motivated, then you’re exactly what we’re looking for!
In this role you will perform a full range of legal assistant duties including:
- managing calendars and scheduling important dates. (Case Conferences, Hearings, Examinations for Discovery, Mediations, Pre-Trials, teleconferences, etc.).
- monitoring and keep track of deadlines on files.
- preparing correspondence and arranging for service and filing of documents (forms, schedules, briefs) with various courts.
- communicating with clients, court offices and other law firms.
- monitoring all incoming correspondence and bringing attention to items that need to be dealt with.
- ·opening and closing files.
- performing other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have demonstrated experience managing a busy insurance defence practice (tort and accident benefits experience is an asset).
- certificate or diploma from a recognized college in legal office administration or law clerk program an asset.
- be flexible, able to prioritize, and have an outstanding sense of urgency.
- have in depth knowledge of the rules of civil procedure.
- ability to adapt, think independently, and function as part of a team.
- experience drafting and preparing correspondence, court forms, pleadings, briefs, accounts.
- be resourceful, independent, and have excellent problem solving skills.
- have experience using PCLaw, Time Matters and Primafact.
How to apply:
If you enjoy working in an energetic and dynamic work environment, then we invite you to apply. To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Accommodation will be provided to applicants with disabilities to enable participation in all recruitment, assessment, selection, and hiring stages.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.