Plenary Session: Embracing Your Personality Temperament to Lead Accordingly
Fri, Sep 27, 2019
- 3:30 PM
Huron I & II
Why is it despite the fact that most of us recognize we are ‘wired’ differently, we consistently approach people in the workplace in the same way – the way that works best for us?
When it comes to leadership, having an understanding of our personality type and how it differs from others can help increase our effectiveness in workplace interactions. With this understanding, leaders can adapt their approach so that team members get what they want, and when team members get what they need, they deliver great results - it’s a win-win! In this unique and interactive workshop, we will explore leadership through the lens of personality type, examine how others differ from us and discuss tips and strategies to adapt our approach so that we can have the most productive impact.
In this workshop you will:
- Uncover your own personality type (in pre-work using the TypeCoach Verifier Plus*)
- Explore your leadership style and strategies to improve effectiveness
- Discover how to recognize the four temperaments and explore strategies to gain their buy-in
- Gather tips and insights to support your day-to-day leadership practice
* Thanks to the generosity of Rob Toomey, former corporate lawyer, and his partner Carly Toomey, founders of TypeCoach, workshop participants will receive access to a confidential TypeCoach account and lifetime access to Coaching Videos as well as the Type to Type Communication Tool.
Please note: to get the most from the workshop, please plan to complete the TypeCoach Verifier prior to attending the conference.