Workshop 2C: Dispelling the Myths about Ergonomic Furniture, Equipment, Seating and Accessories: Moving Past “Sales Speak”
Fri, Sep 27, 2019
- 12:30 PM
[choose between Workshop 2A, 2B or 2C]
Jane Sleeth, Hon. B.P. & H.E.(Ergonomics), B. Sc.PT, C.P.T.
In a time where evidence and science is not trusted, this has allowed many people in sales and marketing to advance the story about products which may not be fully accurate
During this honest and enlightening talk Jane Sleeth, an ergonomic/HFD consultant with over 30 years of experience, will outline many of the myths and “stretches of the truth” which can occur regarding “ergonomic” seating, furniture, sit to stand workstations and design presentations by furniture sales people.
- Task Seating – This chair will fit 5th to 95th percentile employees.
- Sit to Stand workstations will cure all MSI’s
- Manual Sit to stand workstations are better than electric
- Keyboard trays are needed most times even on sit to stand workstations
- The bigger monitor(s) the better
- Desktop sit to stand units
Jane and her team do not represent any lines of furniture, accessories or seating and as such provide a proprietary 3rd party review of all office equipment including soft seating and meeting rooms.