TLA - Environmental Considerations in Real Estate and Business Transactions
Doing a real estate or business transaction for your client? Do you know how you will handle any environmental issues that may come up? Not many do.
Join our experienced panel who will take you through the due diligence steps needed for your client to accurately assess its risk and get the information a lender may need to close the deal.
In this practical program, you will learn:
- How to start the conversation on environmental issues,
- Who you need on your “team,”
- How to retain an environmental consultant,
- What are the different types of environmental assessments, and
- What a ‘Record of Site Condition’ is and potential options if contamination is discovered on the property.
Talia Gordner, Blaney McMurtry LLP
Mike Osborne, Terrapex Environmental Ltd.
Moderator: This Program contains 1 hour and 45 minutes of Substantive Content
Janet Bobechko, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP