2017 TLOMA Compensation and TLOMA Associate Compensation Surveys
One of the many advantages of being a member of TLOMA is the ability to participate in the annual TLOMA Compensation and TLOMA Associate Compensation Surveys.
Over the last 30 years, our surveys have been established as the primary source of compensation bench-marking information for the Canadian legal community. With over 60 organizations participating; representing all firm sizes and practice specializations, the reports help users make good strategic business derisions while attracting and retaining top talent.
TLOMA Compensation Survey Enhancements
- New job sub-families; Family Law Clerk, Web Developer, AV/Multi-media Technician, Project Management, Process Improvement, Pricing and Proposals
- Simplified job sub-family and level descriptions
- Mapping old job codes to new job codes
- Workforce Cost Ratios
TLOMA Associate Compensation Survey Enhancements
This is now a standalone survey in 2017:
- Student data
- Year of call and a levelling structure
- Corporate vs. Litigation – associate data split
- Practice specialization splits – tax, banking, M&A, immigration, human rights, etc.
- National results, as well as, by firm size and regions, including Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, GTA, SW Ontario, Ottawa and Montreal
- More participants
- Wednesday, May 3rd - 12 noon to 2pm – Launch Meeting. Please attend the launch meeting at the Toronto office of WeirFoulds LLP. In this session, you will learn more about the survey and have the opportunity to network with other HR and Associate & Student Program Professionals.
- Friday, May 5th - 12 noon to 2pm - Workshop. This meeting will be held at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP. Come and have some 'hands-on' experience of matching jobs and completing the survey.
- Tuesday, September 19th - 12 noon to 2pm - Results Meeting – This meeting will be held at the Toronto office of WeirFoulds LLP.
To register for any of these sessions, click on the links above.
Never Participated in a TLOMA Compensation Survey Before?
This is how your peer participant firms are using the compensation data:
- This is a confidential, secure and efficient way for our firm to receive and use compensation data. I no longer waste time by calling around to competitors to receive vague data. The TLOMA Compensation results are reliable and relevant at my fingertips 24/7.
- To attract and retain the right employees for our firm.
- To compare our employee compensation to our peer firms; based on firm size, practice specializations and geographical location.
- To ensure we are competitive when hiring.
- When a new job emerges in the legal market the surveys help me understand the job, what the market is, what we need to pay to be competitive and to successfully hire the candidate.
- Our firm is growing, the TLOMA Compensation Results help us make timely decisions that supports our firms’ growth and operation strategy.
- To keep pace with the changing labour force of the legal industry.
- To construct and deploy a career progression program.
- To support our annual employee performance reviews, pay increases and bonus structure.
- This years’ Workforce Cost Ratio Results will help my firm understand how much we spend on our workforce and where compared to other firms. Are we over spending in a business area?
- To network with other HR Professionals from firms at the TLOMA Compensation meetings and TLOMA Annual Conference.
- To support the legal community and TLOMA with this strategic data initiative.
Are you interested but don’t know where to begin? We can help you get started by creating a sustainable matching and survey submission process, as well as, understand what the results mean and how to use them.
In 2017, working with our new survey partner Paystats Inc., we are going to have an exceptional year with many progressive enhancements to support the changing needs for data in the Canadian legal industry.
To be part of the TLOMA Compensation & TLOMA Associate Compensation Surveys please contact Bridget Bohan at 519-831-1424 or email@example.com. Not a TLOMA member and would like to have the opportunity to participate, CLICK HERE, to register for TLOMA membership.
To participate and register for the surveys please Click here