Junior Legal Assistant
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is a growing full service law firm with approximately 240 support staff and lawyers. We are committed to delivering responsive, quality service, advice and technical expertise. Our firm successfully balances high standards of professionalism with a congenial, and flexible work environment for its members.
Our firm has an immediate opening for a Junior Legal Assistant to join our administrative support team. In this role, the successful candidate will provide legal administrative support as a float to various practice groups throughout the firm. This is a great opportunity for individuals who possess a proactive approach, a commitment to client service, and are motivated to learn different practice areas with respect to their role.
The duties and responsibilities of the Junior Legal Assistant include:
- Transcribe and type deeds, wills, affidavits, briefs, and other legal documents
- Process court documents from beginning to end
- Draft and amend correspondence through general instruction, standard format or dictation
- Open and distribute lawyer's mail and schedule appointments in calendar
- Maintain lawyer's files/records
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc., as specifically directed by lawyer
- Perform routine clerical, administrative and general office duties
- Certificate/Diploma from a recognized post-secondary legal program
- 1 - 2 years' relevant experience, working in a law firm
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines
- Superb attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of CMS/Aderant, ACL, Teraview and PPSA considered an asset
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP offers a congenial work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a full benefits program. Our benefits include health and dental coverage, competitive vacation packages, referral programs, employee assistance, and employee discount services. When starting at the Firm, new team members are provided a comprehensive training and orientation program. Our Firm strives to continue to nurture the professional development of our support staff through offering training workshops regularly throughout the year and Lunch & Learn events on a variety of topics on a quarterly basis.
We look forward to meeting the successful candidate and having a long-term professional relationship. Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fogler, Rubinoff LLP is committed to a diverse workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified women and men, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.